The church building was built in 1837 and it is one of the oldest Anglican church buildings in New South Wales. The suburb of St Marys, previously called South Creek, was re-named after the church as it was easier to find the suburb if the church was used as a reference point. The church building is on a large tract of land bounded by three streets, near the town centre. The building is highly visible from the Great Western Highway.
Southern Highlands, NSW 16 September 2011